Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Thoughts ~~ Happy Birthday


That’s right.  This blog is now two years old.  It’s been interesting.  In that time, Audax Ride has grown and changed.  It started out as a means of communicating information to potential riders for an event.  It has become a means of communication about and for cyclists.  I’ve never changed the name.  I like it.  Audax, means bold, daring, or audacious.  So, I hope to keep this about that kind of ride.  The one that is a little farther, a little harder, a bit bolder.

It’s my fond hope that you will join me along the way, and bring a few friends and acquaintances along.

Speaking of friends and acquaintances, I’d like to introduce Johan the Belgian.  Johan has a certain perspective on cycling, and he will be sharing that with us from time to time.  Say something, Johan.

Johan says:  Good morning.  Congratulations, Road Dragon, for your achievement with this blog.  Of course, you are not as consistent as you would be.  Yah?  And to you readers, you have all done your morning workouts today.  Yah?

Now tell me this.  Why is it that I see so many of you riding so sloppy?  Helmet straps are to be worn cinched up properly.  The jersey is never tucked into the pants!  What do you think this is?  Some kind of fashion chow!

Road Dragon:  Thanks Johan, that will be enough for now.  Folks, I thought I’d bring Johan along, from time to time, to comment on the style and practice of cycling.  He’s an expert, and brings a certain “perspective” to the discussion.

Be safe out there.  Think while you ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment