Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Thoughts ~~ Busy


It is a busy time of the year.  Our annual Tour of Faith is coming up fast.  I have the task of preparing the route.  It takes a lot of time, and involves a lot of legwork.  Not the least of the issues involved is the expenditure of hours verifying and producing cue sheets.  The course must be ridden and driven, repeatedly, to scout for problems, and finally to be painted.

So I let my friend Johan the Belgian take over blog duties yesterday.  Apparently Johan expressed himself with his usual blunt frankness.  That is, after all, his style.  Still, it is worth listening to him.

That brings me to my thought for the day.  Every so often we need to go out and test ourselves.  We’ve spoken a good bit about riding in warm weather.  Personally, I prefer the heat to cold.  Summer centuries are great events to do some of this testing.  The rider is supported by a crew of folks.  There are well stocked rest stops, and SAG drivers out on the course, looking out for folks who might need help.

I would like to suggest that you ride our own Tour of Faith.  It benefits Wellspring Living.  It is (even if I do say so myself) a great route.  There’s a lot of fun stuff surrounding the event.  So click on Tour of Faith to register.

1 comment: