Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Morning, and Welcome Back!


I know, none of you went anywhere.  Neither did I.  But I did need the break.  So thank you all for your patience and understanding.

So far, this has been a challenging year for me.  I’ve had a series of health issues.  None of them have been major, but they have made riding difficult.  (They’ve made riding impossible at times.)

The latest of these issues is some knee trouble.  I must say, I’m fortunate.  I have knees that can become cranky.  Why is that fortunate?  Because it’s not worse.  As a younger man, I was not kind to my knees.  I played football.  I messed around with motorcycles.  I ran, and did so way too much.  I did other things that weren’t good for my knees and hips.  From time to time, I hear about this now.

At some point, I’m going to have to have something major done about the old knees.  For now, I’m kind of happy.  The initial flare up has diminished, and (wonderful news!)  I can ride!

In fact, riding does the old knees good.  They don’t hurt (mostly) when I’m on the bike.  I’m going to have to continue to treat them gently for a bit longer.  That means no power intervals for a bit, and no pursuit riding.  I can live with that.

Oh, one more item.  Later this week, I’ll be unveiling a couple of new projects.  Should be fun.


See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment