Monday, July 19, 2010

Progress…


This is “Lady Grand Prize” as she stands right now.  The frame is vintage Schwinn, with a lot of cleanup, and a bit of touch up painting.



There’s not much left to do here.  She’s waiting for a brake lever, and brake hookup.  This it will be time to dress the bars, install pedals, and set up the chain.  She should be ready to meet her new owner by the end of the week.

And this



is my new project.  That’s a Surly Travelers Check frame.  The rear wheel is not completely built, but is shown here, undressed, to give a feel for the bike.  Obviously she needs a saddle, and some other touches, but they are coming.  I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to complete this rascal yet.  Still, very much a work in progress.  I’m hoping to have this one done in the next couple of weeks.

Of course this is a tremendously busy time, so I only manage to squeak in an hour or two a week on my personal pets.




No comments:

Post a Comment