Monday, May 24, 2010

Winnings and Commuting:


Below is David Lakly, the proud new owner of the Origin8 Scout.  This was the First Prize in the 
The Great and Weird Road Dragon Bike Contest.




I’m sure that some of you might have entertained the thought that this contest was a send up.  Honest, it was real.  David is a real person, not related to me.  I don’t really know him all that well.  But his contest entry was a standout.

David speaks of his ability to get lost.  Now he will be able to go and do that in the woods as well as on the road or paths.

When asked why he wanted to win one of the contest bikes, David’s reply was illuminating.
Well, I really want to learn to do a lot of my own wrenching.  However, I only have one bike, and fear of mistakes leading me to being without a ride makes me more hesitant than I want to be.  Having a backup option would allow me to really get my hands dirty and figure out the mysteries of things like adjusting cantilever brakes or pulling and regreasing a bottom bracket. “

Congratulations David

Folks, keep watching this blog.  I will be posting more news about the contest as I have it.  Progress on the Grand Prize Build will be coming soon.  And hopefully, I will be able to update you on the winners a bit later in their on, as they experience their new bikes.

Commuting:  It’s still Bike Month.  I’d love to have some commuting or utility cycling stories from some of you.  How are you doing out there?

1 comment: