Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Follies ~~ And the Winners Are..!


But first…

It’s Bike Month, Bike Week, and Ride Your Bike to Work Day!  So get out there and do it!  If not now, when?

Perhaps this week has given you some ideas, but you haven’t put it all together yet.  If so, good!  Next week we’ll be covering some info about approaching commuting and utility cycling.  Maybe, just maybe, you can start getting even more out of your bicycle.

And now, without further ado…

The Great and Weird Road Dragon Bike Contest

It was a difficult task.  I had to choose from literally dozens of entrants.  (I guess everyone already has all the bicycles they want.)  But, after hours and hours of contemplation, navel gazing, and Hamlet-like vacillation, the job was complete.

For the Second Prize, Mountain Bike, Brandon.  (Last name withheld by request.)

The First Prize, Origin8 Scout, single speed mountain bike goes to David Lakly.

The Grand Prize, yet to be built, Single Speed/Fixed Gear Conversion goes to Teresa Moore.

Lisa Price takes the consolation prize of “a thing from my shop.”  (Ill be choosing a suitable thing in the very near future.)

Keep watching this blog for photos of the winners with their winnings.

The Contest, like most of my bright ideas, did not go at all as I envisioned it.  I rather expected floods of responding emails.  I was attempting to do two things here, drive traffic to this blog, and increase membership in the South Side Cycling Club.  Both of those things happened, but not nearly at the levels I envisioned.

I did manage to learn a thing or two from the experience.  I have had a lot of fun with it.  On the other hand, I won’t do this again soon.  And on the third hand (bicycle mechanics all have at least three hands) when I do hold another contest, it will take a totally different form.

Thanks to all who read this blog, and all who entered.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Teresa!! She needs a single speed in order to keep up the excellent mountain climbing!!!!!!

    Cindy Whitley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! How exciting! Thanks again Steve for running such a cool contest - I had a lot of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anybody deserves a single speed / fixie, it's Teresa. After doing most of the Audax in one gear (and enjoying it), it's a perfect fit!

    And, I love things from Steve's shop! Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete