Monday, July 11, 2011

Finally!!


I mentioned a bit of frustration in earlier posts.  The Spring and early Summer just past have brought me my share of challenges.  I’m happy to say that it begins to look like a lot of that is now in the past.

The rib is healing nicely, and I am able to ride without much discomfort.  That means riding on the road, thank you!  I’m not ready to risk another fall on that side yet.  So mountain biking is still out for another month or two.

Several of the urgent interferences have been dealt with.  I’m gaining more control of my time.  That means I get to ride more.  That’s all good!  That’s a major Alleluia!  It kind feels like it took me half of forever to get this season going in the right direction.  Does anyone else feel that way?  What challenges stand between you and the bike?

Now, on to bigger and better things!

Funnest Road Ride in Georgia:
It’s this coming Thursday. 
We’ll meet in Helen, GA.  at the Municipal Parking lot, on Chattahoochee Strasse.
Ride time is 0800 A.M.  (sharp)
Note: there are restrooms convenient to the parking lot, at the municipal building across the street.

As promised, directions to Helen (from the Peachtree City locale) follow:

If you manage to get through Atlanta before 06:30, you will (most likely) not have much traffic to deal with.

Get on I-85 and go into Atlanta and onto the “Downtown Connector.”
Take the “top end split” Exit 251 onto I-85N  (Mileage starts here)
Go 28.4 miles to Exit 113 to left onto I-985
Go 21.3 miles to Exit 22 for US-129, Gainsville
At top of exit turn left onto E E Butler Pkwy/US-129
Go approx 2 miles and bear right on Green St  (Becomes Cleveland Hwy)
Go 25.1 miles (from exit) and enter Cleveland, GA
Go around square in Celveland and leave on north side.
Go approx 0.25 miles from Celveland Square and turn right onto GA-75
Go 9 miles and enter Helen, GA
Chattahoochee Strasse is to the right just after the bridge.
The municipal parking lot is to the right about two short blocks after turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment