Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog Birthday ~ I think I’ll have a contest

Yup!  This blog will celebrate it’s birthday on Friday of next week.  Doesn’t seem possible, but we’ve been posting and presenting here for almost three years. 

To mark our transition out of the “terrible twos,” I’m going to host a small contest.  Up for grabs is one prize, and it’s small, but quite nice, and somewhat practical.  The winner will receive a Walz cycling cap.  This cap is the lightweight, special limited edition, Japan Relief cap.  Proceeds from the sale of these caps went to the earthquake and tsunami relief efforts in Japan.  (I’ll have a picture of the cap up on tomorrow’s post.)

Prepare for the Essay

Vacation time is upon us.  I used to hate those “What did you do on your Summer Vacation” writing assignments.  That is, I hated them unless I’d had a particularly good or interesting Summer.  Those good and interesting years usually involved projects, travel, and bicycles.  So here goes.

I would like a description of what you have done (or are going to do) on your Summer Vacation.  Bicycles should be involved. 
  • I will pick the one entry that pleases me most. 
  • Keep it short. 
  • Previous contest winners are eligible, but not likely to win.
  • Send your entry to The.Road.Dragon@gmail.com and put “Essay Contest” in the subject line.
  • Extra points for originality and humor.
  • I’ll select a winner on Thursday, 21 July, and post it on the Birthday Blog Post on Friday, 22 July.

No comments:

Post a Comment