Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wonderful Product:

Bar Mitts!

I don’t often “plug” specific products.  So far, I’ve kept this blog non-commercial.  In that sense, I mean that I am not selling advertising, nor am I accepting any kind of compensation for the things I post here.  So when I show you a specific product, and endorse it, it means I have used the thing.  I’ve used it, at my expense, and I report what I find.

A friend introduced me to Bar Mitts ™ last year.  It was late enough in the Winter so I barely had a chance to try them out.  I was favorably impressed.  This year, I’ve used them.  I’ve used them a lot.  I think they are absolutely wonderful.

Winter cycling presents me with two particular problem areas, my hands and feet.  I can keep just about everything else warm enough to function.  But my hands and feet suffer.  I’ve tried countless combinations of gloves.  The best I’ve been able to accomplish is tolerably uncomfortable.  But with these...



My hands stay toastie warm.  I do use gloves with them.  But usually much lighter gloves.

And they come in a flat bar model too, suitable for mountain bikes, hybrids, and fitness bikes.

They are made of neoprene.  They block the wind, and are waterproof.  They come in three sizes.  Sizing depends on your size, not the size of the bike.  If you have big hands and arms, you want the large ones.  The idea is to fill the opening, to limit wind penetration.  (I use the mediums.)  Price is close to $60.00.  I’ve spent a lot more for gloves, individually, not to mention multiples, and chemical warmers.  These are a bargain!

We still have a good bit of cold weather ahead of us this year.  If cold hands are keeping you off the bike, this just might be your answer.  And yes we can get these things for you in the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment