Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: The Second Stage


On this blog, we devote a lot of attention and time to Utility Cycling.  Here’s another aspect, and one I don’t see often discussed.

Most of the time when I am driving, I have a bicycle (or two) loaded up in the back of the truck.  I also almost always have a helmet and a pair of shoes aboard with me.  I prefer to ride to group rides and events.  It’s not always possible.  Sometimes, in order to have the correct machine at the appropriate place, I have to shuttle bikes around.  Sometimes, I’m transporting a bike to or from maintenance sites.

But there is often a more hidden and subtle reason for that bike in the bed of the truck.  It’s part of a multi-stage vehicle.

I’ve used it in just that fashion.  The bike can be launched at any time that the truck becomes impractical, or disabled.  Increased reliability and versatility.  Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment