Monday, July 9, 2012

Life’s Ironies


When one is working to put on an organized ride, one doesn’t get to ride much!

Yup, that describes me.  I’ve been doing a lot of work toward making the upcoming Pedal for Pets ride happen.  Takes a lot of time away from my bike, and from most of the rest of my life.  I’m looking forward to the ride this coming Saturday.  I’m also looking forward to a time when I will be able to be more consistent with this blog, and with my riding.  That time will come, starting on Sunday, 15 July!


STILL AHEAD:
Pedal for Pets
Yes!  Southside Cycling Club is putting on their first annual organized ride.  The venue will be in Senoia, GA, and it will go on 14 July.  There will be three distance options, 35 miles, 65 miles, and 100 miles.

I’m particularly excited about this one.  I’ve been working hard to develop the courses, and I must say these are some of the nicest, sweetest roads I’ve been on.


For more info, and to register, click Here

Gaps Ride!
Trip to the mountains.  We’ll be going up to ride the famous “South Triple Gap Loop.”  We’ll be using the “original” route, with the start and finish points in the center of Dahlonega.  53 miles, over 5,000 feet of gain.  I’m tentatively scheduling this for Thursday, 23 August.  More details soon.  Who’s in?

Be sure to check out tomorrow’s post.  It’s the next in new three year long series on developing as a cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment