Monday, October 10, 2011

These things will happen


Allow me to extend an apology to all of you who attempted to come out for the Novice Mountainbike Ride yesterday.  We really and truly did intend to have it.

I got to the BSC in plenty of time to be early for the ride.  As I pulled up I found the place locked.  Honest, I didn’t see that coming.  The next step in the little comedy of errors took place almost immediately.  I was no sooner stopped on the apron, at the entrance, than a police cruiser pulled up behind me.  The officer wanted me to “move along sir!”  I did.

But that made it impossible for me to meet any would-be riders who might arrive!

As of this writing, I don’t know whether the facility was closed because of the Air Show, or because of today’s Columbus Day Holiday, or just because.  I did not see this coming.

I will make the appropriate calls today, and find out how to avert this problem in the future.  Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this may have caused.

I did make some use of the time.  Ty and I went over to the Stinky Trail and did some prospecting.  The trail is a blast, but it is definitely not suited to doing a beginner ride.

Two weeks until…

Mid Fall (Samhain) Celebration Night Ride!
In keeping with the season, this will be a bit of a “Sleepy Hollow Ride.”  (I promise, no headless horsemen!)

Ride will leave from the Hollonville Opry, at the corner of Kingsbridge Rd, and GA-362.  We’ll be starting at 7:30 P.M. (sharp!)  Reflective ankle bands, reflective sash or vest, good lights, and helmets are an absolute must!

No comments:

Post a Comment