Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday


One week from today, is the Mid-Fall (Samhain) Celebration Night Ride.  At this point the long-range forecast is quite favorable.  It should be a crisp Fall night.  It will be a dark one, with no moon in the sky, just about ideal for the “Sleepy Hollow” aspect of this ride.

Remember, we’re starting from the Hollonville Opry House, at the intersection of Kingsbridge Rd, and GA-364, in Hollonville.  The ride will start promptly at 7:30 P.M.

In the interest of full disclosure, there will be an unpaved road section, of about three miles.  I scouted the route this past weekend.  The road surface is excellent for the greatest part of that section, and good for the last half mile.

Lights and good reflective gear are an absolute must for this ride.  It will be dark out there.

More Monday
I usually like Mondays.  It’s the day that the work week starts, and I (mostly) enjoy my work.  Each Monday seems to hold some promise for the week ahead.

For me, Monday is a training rest day.  I drive to work.  No riding on Monday.  No training on Monday.  (Of course this does not include test rides.) 

Monday is the day that helps enable my cycle-commuting.  I use the truck to carry a set of clean laundry in to the shop.  That way I don’t have to carry the stuff on the bike each day.  It’s a goodly day for a great many things.

I do miss my early morning rides on Mondays.  Hauling the trash bin to the curb is a poor substitute.  But it’s time to get this week rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment