Monday, December 20, 2010

Wonderful (Busy) Week


Amid the bustle of the season, and the attempts to get it all done, we have a few bits to offer.

Christmas Lights Road Ride: 
It’s tonight!  I love this one.  We go out, dressed in our best chilly weather regalia, and tour around the area, looking at (and occasionally riding through) some of the more extravagant displays.  I must confess, I’m a big kid.  I love looking at the bright and festive lights.  I still get a thrill of awe and wonder at them.
We’ll be leaving from Bicycles Unlimited, at 7:00 P.M.  Do dress for the weather.  It will cool quickly after sunset.  Remember the usual reflective gear and lights.  We will ride to be safe, and to have fun.  We’re not out to shatter any speed records, but do, please, plan to be able to keep up a steady 13 to 15 mph pace.  (At least between the attractions.)

Spin Classes:
I can hear it as I write this.  “What on earth is he talking about that for?  Isn’t this about “seasonally appropriate” stuff?  In fact it is.  We have fun in our spin classes.  We work hard, and play hard.  And the week before Christmas is special.  Expect a very strong, and somewhat emotional music playlist for these classes.  Especially for the one on Thursday!

Christmas Lights Path Ride:
A somewhat different route this year.  (I guess they all are.)  I’ve been out scouting.  This should be an extra fun one.  I’m planning a special surprise for the end of this year’s edition.  Remember rain cancels these rides.  So pray for dry weather.
We’ll leave from in front of Bicycles Unlimited, at 7:00 P.M. promptly.  Expect to be out for an hour and half, maybe a bit longer.  Do dress for the weather, and bring good strong lights.   Seasonal costumes are fun, but think about safety first.

Christmas Eve:
The shop will be open (at least for the first part of the day) for last minute stuff.  Smiles and cheer required.

Christmas Day:
You’re on your own!  Have a very, very Merry Christmas!

I LOVE this time of year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment