Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Why Should We Train?


It’s time to start thinking about how to round out this year, and what shape next year will have.  There are “problems” involved in that.  I mean “problems” in the engineering sense of the word.

Start thinking about these things.  We’ll be addressing them in the near future.  As a suggestion, consider the following topics.

  • Have I gained weight in the last year?
  • How do I feel about myself and the bike right now?
  • Was I happy with things this past Spring?
  • How long did it take me to “get into shape” this year.
  • Do I really enjoy riding?
  • What parts of cycling are most enjoyable for me?
  • What kind of time can I commit (be realistic!) to sport, recreation, and exercise?
  • What habits am I seriously willing to quit or change in order to improve?
  • How much television do I watch, and what do I really get out of this?


Make your own list too.  This is a good time for some contemplation.  We’ll tall talk more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment