Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nights Under Lights ~~ Ride Report

Sometimes being right stinks. I made the right call last night. I cancelled out on the “Nights Under Lights Ride.” It was raining, and it rained harder, and then harder still. It was the right call. It wasn’t the call I wanted to make. I wanted to go out and ride in the dark with some friends.
I will ride at night, and I will do it in the rain. But I’m not going to take unnecessary risks. Combine heavy rain, darkness, and a increased pre-holiday traffic, and you have a recipe for disaster. Sometimes you have to run away and live to fight another day.
We will try this again next month. In the mean time, this Sunday is the Novice Road Ride. It’s a daytime ride. If the temp is above 20 degrees F, I’m going. Rain or shine. I hope to see a lot of you there.
While I’m on the topic of future rides, conditions look good for Jim Grafmiller’s night ride this coming Thursday. You’ll find the details about this one on yesterday’s post. This sounds like a fun one, a great way to swing into the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment