Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Brief Hiatus

If you have been following this blog for any length of time, you know that the Waynesville, N.C. Adventure begins tomorrow. I’m going. I’m not taking a computer. I know! There are others who post while on cycling events. Some of them even post while on the bike. (Yikes!) I am not one of these. Posts to this blog will return on Monday, 5 October.
At the core, I am a cyclist. It’s all about riding. I don’t encourage cell phones, computers, or music playing devices on the bike. When I ride, I want to ride, undistracted by other “stuff.” I find the world far too fascinating and do not feel the need of distraction or “entertainment,” while riding.
I’m really looking forward to this, to riding the roads, the long climbs, the terrific descents, the vistas, and the camaraderie with few stout hearted friends.
So, to the mountains! Perhaps some of us will meet “on the road.” If so, all to the good.
To all of you, for the next four days, Bon chance, bon courage, et bon route!

No comments:

Post a Comment