Monday, September 7, 2009

Tour Test Ride Report and Touring Update:

A good Labor Day all.
It is now about two and a half weeks until we leave for the Waynesville N.C. Four Day Tour.  Time is short.  Are you going?
Yesterday we rode the Tour Test Ride.  We used the Audax 65 Mile Tune Up route.  This was chosen for its hilly nature.  Before going on, I must confess, this ride is a lot more fun on a light bike!
About the ride itself, what can I say.  The weather was wonderful.  Warm, but not hot, with a sky dotted with just enough high clouds to be interesting and pleasing.  We had gentle breezes and only a bit of traffic near Peachtree City.  In short, almost perfect conditions.
I have not heard much in the way of folks confirming interest in this tour.  Perhaps you are all focusing on the Bike MS event next weekend?  At any rate, it’s time to step up, or let the ride go by.  I am ready to make reservations at the Dillard House for the second overnight stop, and I need to know how many cue sheets to prepare, etc.  Please do let me know if you are planning to go on this tour.
I am puzzled about the lack of contact from potential riders.  Is it the mountainous terrain?  Or are we having difficulty recruiting support drivers?  I would appreciate some feedback, even if it is negative.
Have a good, happy, and safe Labor Day, and do let me hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment