Monday, June 11, 2012

Back… and Up and Coming


I didn’t really intend for last week to be a hiatus.  The week just sort of caught me off-guard and washed over me.  It was an intense week, on the job, at home, on the bike, in general.  What with six things and another, it was suddenly, Saturday evening, and I hadn’t posted anything.  Oddly, this may have been good.

I did spend a lot of time thinking about the direction of this blog, and of some of my publishing efforts.  The result is that I achieved a bit of clarity.  Starting tomorrow, you’ll see some of the results of this thinking.

At any rate, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Coming soon!
Summer Solstice Seasonal Night Ride!
One week from tonight!  That’s 18 June. 
Where:  Fredrick Brown Amphitheater
When:  18 June 2012, starts at 7:30 P.M. (promptly!)
Distance:  Approx 45 miles
Duration/Pace:  About three hours, roughly 15 mph rolling average
Requirements:  Helmets (of course), Good strong lights that will last for 3 to 4 hours, strong tail light, reflective vest, reflective ankle bands, dress for weather.

This is the “original.”  We’ll go out and “beat the bounds.”  That means we’ll ride around the edges of our town’s “field” or “territory.  This was done in primitive times as a means of marking the bounds of the place where the “people” lived.  We do it as fun, and because we can.

We’ll be starting in the daylight, but it will get dark long before we get back.  It’s fun, and, while this is not strictly speaking, a “No Drop” ride, we promise, we won’t abandon anyone.

Pedal for Pets
Yes!  Southside Cycling Club is putting on their first annual organized ride.  The venue will be in Senoia, GA, and it will go on 14 July.  There will be three distance options, 35 miles, 65 miles, and 100 miles.

I’m particularly excited about this one.  I’ve been working hard to develop the courses, and I must say these are some of the nicest, sweetest roads I’ve been on.


For more info, and to register, click Here

Mountain Climbing
This one is still in the planning stages, but I’ll drop some basic hints now.  I plan to go up to Dahlonega, GA, and do a trip around the original Triple Gap Route.  I expect this one to go in mid-August, most likely on a weekday.  More to come.

So tune in tomorrow for some good stuff, and…
Ya’ll have a good week.  Ya Hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment