Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why?


I am dealing with an injustice.  Allow me to explain.

My Fall/Winter schedule has some challenges built into it.  For various reasons, the best days for me to commute are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  The first three days of the week have impediments built into them.  If I use my bike on those days, I either have to carry an enormous amount of stuff, or get home quite late, or both.  I can accept that.

Now here comes the injustice.  It’s the weather.  Has anyone else noticed the pattern we’ve had lately?  I think it’s my fault.  If you haven’t been paying attention to it, here’s what’s been going on.

Sunday:  Warm, sunny, and beautiful, but with clouds arriving late in the day.
Monday:  It rains and gets cooler as the cold front approaches.
Tuesday:  The rain continues, but is diminished, and the temperature drops.
Wednesday:  The clouds go away, but the temperature keeps dropping.
Thursday:  A gradual warming trend begins, however it will be cold during the morning commuting hours.
Friday:  Expect a bit warm high, but it will start out quite cold.
Saturday:  Warming trend continues, after a very cold start to the day.

Notice that my commuting days all start out cold!  That means I’m going to have a chilly ride in to work, wearing a lot of protective clothing.  By the time I ride home, the temps are more reasonable, but it is quite dark, and I still have to carry all that stuff!

Allow me to apologize to any of you who are negatively affected by this.  Apparently I’ve annoyed someone.  I can think of no other explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment