Monday, November 28, 2011

Achy Legs! (& Random notes)

Last week, I finished the Repurposed Bike Project.  Naturally, I rode it.  It’s heavy.  (More on that soon.)  Add to that, I’ve been doing Spin Classes, and my usual testing of the classes.  So my ride volume is down a bit, but my net intensity is up, and the power demand is way up!

I’m adjusting, and my legs are telling me I’m back in training mode.  It’s like this every year.  My spin stinks, and I find, when I challenge myself, that I’ve lost a good deal of both strength and stamina.  The thought always occurs,  “How could this be?  I’ve been riding my backside off all year!”

Does anyone else feel this way about now?
~~//~~


A few notes on future activites:

Just Four Weeks until the Christmas Lights Road Ride!  (That's Monday 19 December)  Get your lights, reflective clothing, and cool weather gear ready.  Check the South Side Cycling Club Calendar.

The Christmas Lights Path Ride is coming too!  It will be on Wednesday 21 December, just a couple of days after the road edition.

And there is a NEW year coming!  We’ve already been discussing the annual Penance 100+, but there will be more coming.  Watch this blog.  I’ll post the dates and details here first.  What’s coming?  Audax Tune Up Rides.  The Annual Audax Ride.  Maybe a touring weekend, or even a longer tour.  Do stay tuned.


Below is a new video from Bicycles Unlimited.  We’re pretty proud of it.  See what you think.








Oh, and by the by…  Tomorrow’s post will feature an annual Bicyclist’s Hint List.  Be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment