Monday, July 7, 2014

The Return

It's been a long time....  Too long!

Like the hired man said,  "There's been a deal of trouble around these parts."

That might be a bit strong, but I've been dealing with some personal issues, things that absorb time and attention.  I'm not done with it all yet, but I do feel like I just might have turned the corner.

"So what's been going on here?" you ask.  I most definitely have been riding.  Sometimes not as much as I'd like, but never down to nothing.  I just haven't been able to write about it.  I'm hoping to change all that now. I doubt I'll be posting every day.  I'll do my level best to get out one or two posts per week.

Thank you all for your patience.

Oh yeah!  I guess, since this is a bicycle related blog, I ought to include at least some bicycle related content.  Here goes.

I rode the GA-400 Hospitality ride.  That was on Sunday 29 June.  The 3.5 miles on GA-400 were a complete blast!  The next section was hilly riding, working our way out of the suburbs of Roswell, GA.  There was a long stretch in the middle that was hilly, and mostly rural.  I've been recovering from the Headcold From Hell, so I opted to cut the ride a bit short.  I clipped off one of the 14 mile "do-loops."  (I am incredibly glad I chose to do this!)

By md-day it had become quite warm.  The route was leading us through some hilly country returning to Roswell.  Then I hit the bit with the "Three Sisters."  These are three seriously steep. challengingly long climbs.  Ouch!  My legs were almost sort of recovered as we cruised through downtown Roswell.

The trek along the Chattahoochee riverfront was okay, if a bit to crowded with car traffic.  And then I came to the last practical joke of the course.  "The Mother In Law!"  This was one more serious climb, leading to the very end of the ride.  I came as close as I've ever come to dismounting and just sitting down on that thing.  I did make it.

I'm glad I did the ride.  I won't ever do it again.  It would be a god thing if I never meet the practical joker who designed that course.

No comments:

Post a Comment