Wednesday, July 16, 2014

On Turning 50,000


This coming Saturday, 19 July 2014, I will hit an interesting milestone.  I joined South Side Cycling Club back in 2009.  At the very end of that year, I started using a feature of the club’s website to log rides and track miles.  Since that time, I’ve faithfully posted every ride and every trainer session.  This coming Saturday, I will cross the 50,000 mile mark.  Please note, that is not my “all time,” or “Life Time” mileage.  I’ve been riding a lot longer than I’ve been a member of SSCC!  (In fact, I have log books that go back over 40 years.)  So this 50K miles is only a fraction of my life’s riding.

But it’s a significant fraction.  This particular 50,000 miles has all been done since I joined the club.  I am pleased to have this particular gift.  I want to celebrate a little.  So I’m inviting everyone to come along.

On this coming Saturday, I should arrive at work with between 10 and 25 miles remaining before I cross the 50,000 mile mark.  I plan to leave from work, at Bicycles Unlimited, at 6:30 P.M., saddle up, and finish riding the first 50,000 miles of my membership in the club.  I’d love to have company on this.

It will be a road ride.  Bring your bike.  Dress up in your roadie kit, wear your helmet, and let’s all go for a group ride together.  What 

No comments:

Post a Comment