Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Newy Hapear! and Welcome Back


It’s been a long time.  My last post was on Monday 19 November 2012.  I’m back now.  By way of explanation I will offer only this.  Events sort of overtook me.  Between a lot of “stuff,” and an intense workload, this blog sort of dropped down the priority list…    waay down!

I don’t like the whole “New Years Resolutions” thing.  I’m not writing a post on doing resolutions.  What I am doing is making a return to something that is important to me, and (I hope) useful to you.

In the coming weeks you will see some differences in this blog.  Starting next week, one week from today, we will again bring you the series Your First Three Years on each Tuesday.  From that point on, the series will continue on a weekly basis.  I’m giving some thought to including some supplemental posts to sort of “catch up” on time lost.

In addition to the “YFTY posts, you can look forward to a lot more on touring.  This is an area of cycling that fascinates me, and of late I’ve not been too faithful to it.  You are invited to share in a comeback.  Along the way, we’ll stray into other areas.  You can look for some mountainbike stuff, a bit of silliness, the occasional advocacy bit, and a touch of occasional remembered whimsy.

Now let’s all go out and start working on this brand shiny new year.  It will be what we, together, make of it.  I for one intend to make it a work of art and a labor of love.

Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment