Tuesday, June 16, 2009

65 Mile Touring Test Ride

Date: This coming Sunday. 21 June
Start/Finish: Bicycles Unlimited
Time: 11:00 AM
Distance: 65 miles
Conditions: We’re going!
Pace: A good sustained touring pace, steady and conservative
Requirements: You, your bike (loaded for the Cheaha Tour, if you’re serious), a helmet

Before I go further, I know that this Sunday is “Father’s Day.” There are only so many days in a year, and schedules are simply bound to conflict. This is the day that I can do this. I hope you will make your own decision.

It’s likely to be warm. I suggest bringing plenty of water bottles. We’ll stop at 15 miles, and again at 40 miles to refill and get snacks. Bring some money for munchies and water.

I’d bring a rain jacket along. I’d also strongly suggest sunscreen.

The route, is hilly. That’s why we’re doing it. The idea is to get a feel for how good you are at riding your heavy bike over challenging terrain. Further, the idea is to build the confidence necessary to tackle the Cheaha Two Day Tour.

Remember, 5 July, we’re going to do this in the mountains!!! Cool.

I’m really hoping to see you all out there Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment