Monday, August 25, 2008

MOTIVES

It is important that this blog is as honest as it can be. If I am going to discuss equipment in any but the most general terms, I will have to mention specific products, companies, or businesses. These are not advertisements.

I’m not accepting any advertising on this blog. I will not accept any consideration for mention of products or services here. If I suggest that a given product or service is worthy of consideration, it is because my experience supports that suggestion.

In short, the only thing being advertised on this blog is the actual Audax Ride, on 4 October. I want you to come out and have some fun with me. My other intention is that this ride serves as an introduction to the sport of Randonneurring. That’s the motivation.

I will not be earning any profit from the ride. The $27.00 fee for the ride is simply a means of covering the expenses of lunch, the post ride snack, and some water along the way. I do this because, it allows me to arrange a group rate for both lunch and the post ride food.

So if you see a product on this blog, it’s there either as an example of something, or I’m endorsing it freely because I know it’s useful. Where something is an opinion of mine, I’ll label it as such. Where there is objective evidence, I’ll state it. If I’ve read or heard good reviews, but don’t know it from my own experience, I’ll indicate that too.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment