Monday, October 15, 2012

Cheers!


Greetings to you all on this somewhat challenging Monday morning.  For a rare change, I am truly glad that I had no plans to ride this morning.  I awoke, as many of you did, to the sound of thunder and torrential rain.  I am equipped and experienced for riding under these conditions, but I can think of far more pleasant ways to start a week.

Here it is the middle of October, and we have been having ourselves one glorious Autumn.  The weather for the coming week looks like a continuation of the trend.  The early climatology forecasters are not being forthcoming with strong opinions yet.  It looks like even money on a “normal” Winter, or a Winter that is “typical” of a weak El Nino.  If it’s the latter, we will get larger swings of temperature and moisture, but the average will be close to the norms.  In short, for cyclists and other outdoors types, it’s likely to be an interesting and challenging Winter.

Continuing Project Updates:
Commuter Build: This project has turned out to be a serviceable and versatile machine.  (Some of you will remember this thing.  I took a Giant Escape, basically a hybrid, and re-worked it as a heavy commuter.)  We’ll be doing a more detailed follow-up on this one in the near future.

SRAM WiFi Rework:  This one has yielded amazing results.  I re-fitted my Defy 1 with a full suite of SRAM Apex equipment, with the odd upgrade.  The mix took a bit of tinkering, but it works and works amazingly well.  Again, look for a full write up in the future.

New Secret Project:  This one is still under “wraps.”  I’m doing some testing on an idea that could prove to be very advantageous to you Shimano equipped road riders.  That’s all I’ll say on that one now.  Keep watching.

May you all have a good and prosperous week.


No comments:

Post a Comment